Jan 18, 2012

9 Weeks

Baby is the size of a: GRAPE (mmm, frozen grapes)

Mama looks like:

Yup, Friday at my OB appointment, I couldn't stop dry-heaving, so I got sent next door to the hospital to get an IV for dehydration and some anti-nausea meds. I was very hopeful they would knock out this yucky feeling, but no such luck. Today at a follow-up appointment, the OB dashed my hopes and said some women just have to plan on spending one day every week in the hospital until the nausea passes on it's own. I'm going to see if I can tough it out until my next appointment in 3 weeks, and just work really hard at drinking fluids and taking it easy.

I know some people might disagree with our announcing this pregnancy so early, but I'm just so thrilled we are pregnant again, that I couldn't hold it in (literally HA!), and on that same train of thought, I couldn't keep it from Lily (or James). Ever since James started walking and became a "little boy" and not a baby, Lily has been insistent that we have another baby. Lily is SO excited for a baby. Every day she asks me if the baby is growing, or hungry, or going to get wet from my shower. Every day she asks "What is the baby's name?" and I remind her we don't know if baby is a boy or girl, so for now, we'll call it "baby". (But don't you worry, this Type A mama has already picked out a boy and girl name, and even had those names embroidered on Christmas stockings; I can't pass up good Christmas clearance deals! The only problem we'll run into on names is if we end up with identical twins. My finger's are crossed for that possibility, though!) Almost every day, Lily tells me the baby is a girl, and that James thinks so too. She must be telepathic, because he sure isn't talking to me. As tight-lipped as he is, we can still tell he is excited. He takes any opportunity to pull up my shirt and pat my belly while mumbling "bay-bay". Love these little people. After a particularly rough day, I love tucking them in and being reminded why I'm choosing to do this again.

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Go you! What a fantastic attitude!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy for you guys...and just for the record, according to Meredith, Melody's name is baby! :) She will not call her anything else but baby...we are not sure if we like this name though so we will continue to make her say Melody. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! I hope you start feeling better soon. It is so hard being sick and care for little ones.

    ReplyDelete