Jun 3, 2011

They Say It's Your Birthday!

My sweet James boy is one year old today! I can't believe how the time has flown. He's growing and learning so many things that I want to remember...

...art appreciation. James loves to create, whether it's with the Magna-doodle, paper and pencil, or watercolor paints at playgroup.

...expressing a preference for me :) Ha! Totally kidding there, but he is consistently saying "Mama".

...always on the move. James went from barely crawling at 11 months, to pushing cars around, standing, cruising, and now pushing a cart while walking. I didn't need to worry that he was slow to get a move on.

...hearty eater. Food is James' favorite! He is not picky at all about what he eats, as long as we keep it coming. Besides the normal baby fare of chunked up meats, fruits, and veggies, he has tried and loved sushi, pesto, curry, and the occasional wood chip from the playground. I was surprised that he didn't get super excited about his birthday cupcake today. Guess nothing can top the sweet taste of whatever's-on-the-bottom-of-Lily's-shoe.

Happy birthday, little buddy. You are such a welcome addition to our family, and we love you so much!

1 comment:

  1. What a sweet boy!! I remember holding him as a tiny baby in the hospital, now he is sooo big!!! Happy Birthday James!

    ReplyDelete