May 5, 2010

The Post That Time Forgot

I've had to go and post-date this (in April 2011) because I typed this out, and forgot to publish it. Let's blame James for this, because in May I was heavily pregnant, and since then I've been extremely sleep deprived. Until this week! *Hooray* James has slept 12 hours through the night for the past two nights! More on that next... But now, on to The Post That Time Forgot:

I love watching the shows like "Hoarders:Buried Alive" or "Hoarders:I Love Stuff More Than I Love My Family" - totally like a train wreck, I can't look away. A part of me justifies watching the carnage because I'm checking myself for warning signs; have I let stuff creep into every nook of my house? Do we have things that we don't use taking up space in our garage? I've recently noticed that I have a problem. No, I'm not a hoarder. In fact, I throw things away on such a regular basis that I'm finding myself kicking my butt two weeks after throwing something out (or giving it to Goodwill) because NOW I need it! I'd have a dozen examples, but my memory is horrible, so let me just give you the two most recent examples.

1. After my 1st pregnancy, I didn't fit into any of my t-shirts (thanks, big boobs!). I folded them into a box to use as fabric for baby pants, maternity panels, rags, etc... Now that I'm looking for that box (18 months later) I'm realizing I must have given it away when we moved down to Houston. Awesome, Jessi, great job there.

2. Also a sewing example - my mom gave me several boxes of fabric, which I went through and made her a quilt out of.I had tons of fabric left over - scraps and smaller pieces which would be perfect for making another quilt out of. And now that I've found another quilt pattern that I'd like to try, where are those scraps? Hmm, in Butte, at the Goodwill. Because, again, I am a genius and gave them away to get rid of the "clutter". I would kick myself in the head if I were flexible enough.

Maybe I need to become a hoarder.

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand. I donate and throw out stuff all of the time that I can't think of a use for until of course I do and realize I've already gotten rid of what could have been used. Oh well, at least I don't have tons of clutter to haul around with each move.

    ReplyDelete