Feb 26, 2012

Steamworks

I am notorious for my forgetfulness, and love to eat out. To keep from accidentally eating twice at a place that I didn't like, I decided to start "reviewing" the restaurants we visit while we're here in Colorado. If you're ever passing through, maybe we can take you to one of our favorites :) 

Saturday, before Stake Conference, Mike and I went to Steamworks Brewing Co. Thank you, Bayfield Young Women, who volunteered to babysit at the church for all of us going to the adult session!

Steamworks reminded me a ton of Mackenzie River Pizza in Butte, Montana. Steamworks has a menu full of sandwiches, burgers, pizzas, and pasta (as well as a very large selection of house-brewed beers, which is what they're known for, but we didn't imbibe). We started with the Queso Dip. Normally it comes with one pita bread round and a basket of red, blue, and white tortilla chips. Since Mike doesn't handle food coloring well, I asked for more pita bread and they were great about getting us several more, at no extra charge. The queso was very spicy, and left me wishing we'd gotten their Artichoke-Spinach Cheese dip instead. However, it was a good flavor, and Mike loved it (I just don't need heartburn to add to my pregnancy discomfort right now). We toyed with ordering a regular size Pepperoni Za' pizza and an order of their Missionary Ridge Pasta (which I will try the next time we go there), but ended up just ordering a large Pepperoni Za' (with pineapple, cuz I love it that way) for the sake of time. The pepperoni's on the pizza were thinly sliced and much larger in diameter than any pepperoni I've ever seen before. The crust had herbs mixed into it, and the sauce was really good. It had the perfect "cheese to sauce to crust" ratio. It was too bad that we ordered the large, because Mike could only finish one piece (although he had eaten most of the Queso Dip). I was able to eat two and a half slices, and am happy to have the rest as leftovers. Steamworks wasn't really a place I'd go on another date-night, but it has a nice, laid-back atmosphere that would be great for taking the kids to, or for doing a group get-together. I'm looking forward to trying their pasta and their Pastrami Rueben.

No comments:

Post a Comment