Jun 6, 2010

Introducing James Michael Morgan

...and the crowd goes wild! *cheers*
On June 2, 2010, at 3:42 am, baby James joined our family. He was 6 lbs, 7 oz and 17 1/2 inches long.
My labor started at 1:30 am with contractions 2 minutes apart. We dropped Lily off at the Wright's and got to the hospital by 2:30. I barely got an epidural before my water broke. 3 pushes later, James entered the world.
Because he was out so fast, he still had fluid in his lungs, so he spent a little time in the nursery making sure he was breathing ok.
I'm feeling great, incredible, actually. My pain hasn't been bad, we've been able to start nursing well, I've got tons of energy, and I'm so in love with this little boy.
Lily has been excited to have James around. She loves to hold, kiss, pet and touch him. She's already a great big sister.

5 comments:

  1. I love the pictures with Lilly. You all look great. He is so cute. Get some rest and don't do too much at one time. Miss ya.
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Mike, Jessi, and Lillie. He is a doll and I am glad that you are feeling great!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for Baby James. I'm so excited to see him in a few weeks!! I'm glad that your labor went so well and that both of you are recovering quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! He is beautiful and I am so glad that the fluid wasn't an issue. And holy fast delivery!! That is just incredible. Glad you are recovering well. I would love to come and meet him.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on a healthy & perfect new addition. I'm happy to hear that you are feeling so well. I hope that doesn't fade!!! He is so sweet and gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete