Sep 1, 2011

At Least We're Not Stagnant

We've been moved into our new house for 3 1/2 months. A month ago, Mike's boss let us know we are being relocated. It has been a stressful month of ups and downs (hence the lack of posts!) but we're trying to roll with the punches as we list our house for sale, travel to Colorado for house hunting, and coordinate this process with half a dozen people dedicated to helping us move. The anxiety that this has caused me is something I wasn't prepared for, and I've had a hard time focusing on the good that this move has shown me.

I've been reminded that I have a hard working husband. In every job Mike has had, he has impressed his bosses and exceeded their expectations. This has led to wonderful advancements for him, and great opportunities for our family. He is loving and thoughtful when he comes home; always swooping the kids up and out of the way so I can prepare dinner in a much calmer environment!

I've learned to appreciate what a huge influence I am on my babies. I love watching them learn, grow, and develop. They are the center of my world, and without them to focus on, I would be stuck in a selfish little box of "me"! L and J are happy, considerate, and smart, if I do say so myself! I don't think it's my example that has made them so fantastic, but somehow I ended up with two incredible littles.

On the lighter side of things, this move has also taught me that I don't want to own a fixer-upper! Really, this house hasn't been much work, just one little problem in the master bath that resulted in us having to tear down the shower walls to the studs. I'm glad Mike is so handy and was able to put the walls, tile, grout, and caulk up. Now we know we don't want an older home.

All in all, this home has been good to us, and I'm happy we learned how to negotiate a contract on it. Hopefully we can put our experience to good use while we go look for a new home in Colorado!

No comments:

Post a Comment